Wednesday, November 25, 2009

Sweet Potato Balls!!!

LOVE these!! I will be making them tomorrow, but thought I would post the recipe today...insert pictures later. I will say that I will be baking the potatoes today to save time. Last year's finished product is in the post above!

Ingredients!
4 large sweet potatoes
2/3 cup packed brown sugar
2 Tablespoons orange juice-I use fresh because you will need the actual orange for...
1 teaspoon orange zest
1/2 teaspoon grated nutmeg
2 cups shredded coconut, sweetened
1/2 cup granulated sugar
1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
1 large marshmallow per potato ball

Directions!
Preheat oven to 350 degrees
Bake the potatoes until tender, then peel and mash them. I use a fork and this nifty Pampered Chef masher.
Stir in the brown sugar, orange juice, zest and nutmeg.
In a separate bowl, toss the coconut with the sugar and cinnamon.
Press mashed potatoes around each marshmallow, creating a 2-3 inch diameter ball.
Roll the balls in the coconut mixture. Place on a baking sheet or baking stone.
Bake for 15 to 20 minutes. Watch carefully for the last few minutes of cooking; the expanding marshmallow can cause the potato balls to burst open---which I think is kind of cool :)

1 comment:

dani said...

mmm, d...
i love you,
d xxxx
ps. i had a real thanksgiving this year; oj and i went to theresa's... MUCH better than togo:P