Friday, November 6, 2009

Cheeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeese! This is what 56 looks like. Happy birthday to me!
OK. I lied up. Really only 46, but I am just practicing the art of "Lying Up about my Age". So far it has worked liked gang busters!! "Wow! You look great for 56!". "I would have thought you were 10 years younger!" One lady apparently under the influence of narcotics post-op thought I was in my late 20's!!! What? I advised she back off on the Dilaudid. She smiled and said 'OK'.
My sweet boys bought me a cannoli and stuck a couple of candles in it! I loved it! I was dipped in chocolate on the ends! Yum! My sweet Engineer Man gave me a card with Steven Jobs photo in it and said"It's time..." 'Who the hell is Steven Jobs?' I asked. "The creator of the Mac!!", he and my oldest said a little deflated. "Oh....oooooooooooooooooooooooooh!!!!!! Woo Hoo! Are we finally crossing over to the world of puppy dogs and rainbows and Apple computers???! Yeeees!
"Where is it?" I said...panting now and anxiously looking around. "Well, I don't have it yet. Not sure which one to hemorrhage the bank account on." Ok. He didn't exactly say that, but that's what he meant. God love him. Well I don't know either, but Lisa knows. She has what she calls her Mac Daddy. It's pretty darn sweet too. She is so in love, that she is buying her 12 year old one! Geez. He loves hers. It practically does his homework.
I want one. I want it to be hip while it vacuums my floors.

2 comments:

Dana said...

OK..I have to comment on my own post..."I" wasn't dipped in chocolate on both ends...the cannoli was. Maybe I change that part of the post...!

Anonymous said...

As you can see, I'm catching up on your blog! Funny, Jim and I had the same conversation about this Jobs guy too. Jim wasn't giving me a mac, but was incredulous that I didn't know who he was. Hope you love the mac! Ann