Saturday, May 8, 2010

I love the VooDoo that YouDo...

Do you love doughnuts? I ADORE doughnuts. Glazed, that is. Not much for to much stuff on my doughnuts. I have never tried to make them, however. I have a recipe from my grandmother that I have always wanted to try...involves deep frying. Pioneer Woman, Rea Drummond also has a crankin' recipe in her new cookbook. Did I say I was a fan? Huge fan. Seeing her in Orlando on Wednesday for her book signing!! Stand by for stalker fan pics :)
Well, in the meantime I found a doughnut shop that looks fantastic! Distressing news is that it is on the west coast and I am not referring to the west coast of Florida. It's on the west coast of the United States and it's name is Voodoo Doughnut. Check them out. Slightly irreverent at times (hey it's the West coast after all) but with the right idea of pushing the boundaries of what is ordinary :) I would love to try the Bacon Maple Bar. Don't let me hear you saying "Ewww". Everything is better with bacon! The Nyquil and Peptobismol doughnut was popular until the FDA put an end to that one. I love the voodoo doll with a pretzel through the heart. Better to take your frustrations out on a doughnut than a sawdust stuffed doll. Just sayin'. The most practical doughnut for the time conscience must be the Caffeine Doughnut. This pastry is filled with 100mg of caffeine. That's the equivalent to a cup and a half of coffee. No worries on spilling the coffee on the way to work! Now THAT is genius.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

It was great to meet you in line at the book signing. :^) I hope to post about it in the next day or so too.
Brandy