Monday, April 20, 2009

"Remember when..."

"Mom should I pack my tap shoes?" Will asked this the night before we traveled to Italy. "Sure!" I said, "When are you going to get the chance to tap in San Marcos Square?" So he packed them and he got the chance....If that's the memory Will has every time he sees tap dancing, then that makes me happy. If he sees a photo of San Marcos piazza in Venice, Italy and is able to say, "Hey! I tap danced there when I was 15 years old! Here is the picture to prove it!" That makes my heart smile too. It really doesn't take much to make me happy. My boys being happy and healthy is quite enough. It's quite enough for all of us, isn't it?

Will also got the chance to play a lead role in "Anything Goes" on his return to the States. (This is why he had the tap shoes). It was a last minute surprise. His little brother read lines with him every chance they had...
Sam refused to read the last scene though. He didn't want to know how it ended until he saw the production on Opening Night. He's a great little brother.
He had a "Chance" as well...
Spinning pizza in San Marcos Square for a huge crowd was fun! Who can say, "When I was 11 years old, I spun pizza in San Marcos Square in Venice Italy!" Sam can say it now. It will make a good story when he is 40 years old. Good stories are what make getting together a fun and bonding experience for families. I love it when someone says, "Remember when..."

2 comments:

Amanda said...

I bet your boys will have lots of memories and stories to tell about their trip to Italy!

dani said...

i'm just tickled that these are the stories they will tell and not EARTHQUAKE stories!!!
awesome opportunity... awesome photos:)
love you,
d